Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Why Start a Blog?

Normally if someone is going to begin something new, like write a blog or a book, it is because he thinks he has something to say. This is my first attempt at just such a task. What ever may follow from here it is my own opinions and my thoughts as I journey through life as a deacon, husband, and father of five children, trying to do my best at these three tasks and many others as well.

The reason I am undertaking this task is because I think I have something to add to the discussion that may help everyday Catholics as they live as God's people in todays complicated and confusing world. Today it seems that few people take the time that is needed to prayerfully study God's revelation in the Sacred Scriptures, then more importantly, to act upon that teaching in a way that reflects how the Bible and the Church is directing them to order their lives. First and foremost, by the actions that make them active and fruitful disciples of Jesus Christ. By posting Bible reflections, sermons or homilies, and thoughts on daily life, I hope to add insights that may be able to help some people along this path and vocation. Now understand upfront that I am no expert or authority on any of the subjects that I may talk about, but I do hope that I may offer something worth while for people to read and think about. Also please excuse any grammatical errors that you find, as this is my greatest weakness in life, but maybe someday I can overcome it, with much practice and patience from those who may read this blog.

So with our further delay, let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment